Voting for the charter.

Naveed haq naveedpta at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu May 13 07:31:09 CEST 2010

+1

Regards,

Naveed-ul-Haq

Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 10:17:47 -0700
From: robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Subject: Re: Voting for the charter.
To: NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU

I'd also like to encourage each of our members to participate in the election and to please VOTE FOR the CHARTER.  :-)
This is really a big moment for non-commercial users at ICANN - to have a reformed GNSO with parity between commercial and noncommercial users.
Our adversaries have been able to prevent us from having a good NCSG charter before now (remember last year when a crippling staff-drafted divide-and-conquer charter was imposed on us!)
At last we have been permitted to draft a charter in a truly bottom-up fashion that meets the needs of noncommercial users, and I'm encouraged that it will be accepted by the board and we can finally move forward to substantive policy matters.  But we need all of the membership to participate in the election and affirmatively support the charter for it to pass.
So please, vote for the charter.  Search your email if you haven't received the ballot yet (let me or Avri know if you don't have a ballot).
Also, we all owe a huge debt of thanks to Avri, who has been working very hard on finalizing this charter and organizing the election in time for the Brussels mtg next month.  Thank you, Avri!
Best,Robin
On May 12, 2010, at 6:59 AM, Wendy Seltzer wrote:I have now received the link and cast my vote.
Note that the vote was not active at the time the link was sent, but hasnow been opened.  For those searching your inboxes, the email wasentitled "NCSG Charter Revisions Poll" and sent from ncuc at registro.br
Please support the charter!  Remember, we need a strong vote of all NCUCmembers.
Best,--Wendy
Avri Doria wrote: Hi,
I have just been informed that the voting system will be launched as scheduled at 00.00 UTC on May 12. People will receive the URL in their emails to proceed.
Should you not receive your ballot after that time, please inform me.
And please remember to vote.
Attached is the version of the charter that is being voted on.
a.

-- Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.orgFellow, Silicon Flatirons Center at University of Colorado Law SchoolFellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Universityhttp://cyber.law.harvard.edu/seltzer.htmlhttp://www.chillingeffects.org/https://www.torproject.org/
 IP JUSTICERobin Gross, Executive Director1192 Haight Street, San Francisco, CA  94117  USAp: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org