[ncsg-policy] RE: RE: Revised xxx comment

Debra Hughes HughesDeb at USA.REDCROSS.ORG
Thu May 6 21:08:20 CEST 2010

Milton,
I do not have authorization to support a comment on this topic.
Speaking in my individual capacity, I do not believe ICANN needed to
engage in a comment period for this case.

Debbie

-----Original Message-----
From: Milton L Mueller [mailto:mueller at syr.edu]
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 12:01 PM
To: NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Cc: 'NCSG-Policy'
Subject: [ncsg-policy] RE: RE: Revised xxx comment

Debra:

No comment? ICANN has asked for comment.
Actually if you are saying that there was really no need for a public
comment in this case, I agree with you. The public comment is part of
the Board's way of attempting to find a rationalization for not dealing
with this issue. But even so, we need to comment to that effect.

Avri is right, NCSG EC operates on full consensus, but do keep in mind
that one-person or one-org blockage of a position that has widespread
support among noncommercials could lead to similar behaviors by other EC
members in order situations.

--MM