Voting for the charter.

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Wed May 12 19:17:47 CEST 2010

I'd also like to encourage each of our members to participate in the
election and to please VOTE FOR the CHARTER.  :-)

This is really a big moment for non-commercial users at ICANN - to
have a reformed GNSO with parity between commercial and noncommercial
users.

Our adversaries have been able to prevent us from having a good NCSG
charter before now (remember last year when a crippling staff-drafted
divide-and-conquer charter was imposed on us!)

At last we have been permitted to draft a charter in a truly bottom-
up fashion that meets the needs of noncommercial users, and I'm
encouraged that it will be accepted by the board and we can finally
move forward to substantive policy matters.  But we need all of the
membership to participate in the election and affirmatively support
the charter for it to pass.

So please, vote for the charter.  Search your email if you haven't
received the ballot yet (let me or Avri know if you don't have a
ballot).

Also, we all owe a huge debt of thanks to Avri, who has been working
very hard on finalizing this charter and organizing the election in
time for the Brussels mtg next month.  Thank you, Avri!

Best,
Robin

On May 12, 2010, at 6:59 AM, Wendy Seltzer wrote:

> I have now received the link and cast my vote.
>
> Note that the vote was not active at the time the link was sent,
> but has
> now been opened.  For those searching your inboxes, the email was
> entitled "NCSG Charter Revisions Poll" and sent from ncuc at registro.br
>
> Please support the charter!  Remember, we need a strong vote of all
> NCUC
> members.
>
> Best,
> --Wendy
>
> Avri Doria wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have just been informed that the voting system will be launched
>> as scheduled at 00.00 UTC on May 12. People will receive the URL
>> in their emails to proceed.
>>
>> Should you not receive your ballot after that time, please inform me.
>>
>> And please remember to vote.
>>
>> Attached is the version of the charter that is being voted on.
>>
>> a.
>>

> --
> Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.org
> Fellow, Silicon Flatirons Center at University of Colorado Law School
> Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University
> http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/seltzer.html
> http://www.chillingeffects.org/
> https://www.torproject.org/

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org