Alex's comments on the charter - update

Andrew A. Adams aaa at MEIJI.AC.JP
Mon May 10 01:42:38 CEST 2010

> >> I do not see a particular reason for including religion.
> >>
> >> Anybody else?
> >>
> >> Desiree
Norbert replied:
> > Just in case: If somebody from http://www.dalailama.com or the like
> > would like to get involved in ICANN communications
> > discussion/participation, where should they go?
Desire replied:
> Thanks. You answered my question by raising another question.
>
> Diversity of views and inclusiveness is good and while there is no
> reason to limit
> the sphere of participation of any potentially non-commercial
> interested parties outright,
> I wonder if if the NCSG would be better off by amending its charter
> when a particular group
> request or formation of a religious interest group comes up.

While I am not religious myself, indeed am a Bright, there are a large number
of religious organisations which operate along non-profit grounds (US
evangelical scams aside). If we're listing a relatively comprehensive set of
types of non-profit organisation, religion should be in there.

Profesor Andrew A Adams       aaa at meiji.ac.jp
Professor at Graduate School of Business Administration, and
Deputy Director of the Centre for Business Information Ethics
Meiji University, Tokyo, Japan