Debbie's comments on the charter review

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Sat May 8 23:57:32 CEST 2010

I agree completely with Wendy on the constituency issue. Moreover, I would note that an NCSG charter must pass with a 2/3 vote and I am quite sure that anything that maintains a major emphasis on constituencies will NOT receive a 2/3 vote.

I think if Debbie's main concern is just the level of staff support provided, I don't think it is an issue at all. As someone else apready pointed out, two of the four SGs already have no constituencies. Several Board members, especially on the SIC, have indicated that they will look to us to decide whether we want a constituency structure or not. Having been involved in a couple of recent working groups, it is evident that the staff supplies pretty good support regardless of constituency.

--MM