SPAM-LOW: Re: Debbie's comments on the charter review

Rosemary Sinclair rosemary.sinclair at ATUG.ORG.AU
Sat May 8 07:29:33 CEST 2010

Hi all

Just to be clear

It was never Int Gps OR Constituencies for me

It was Int Gps AND Constituencies - to leave all options open to members to organise in whatever way best meet their needs

And all as past of NCSG

Cheers

Rosemary
Sent from my BlackBerry® from Optus

-----Original Message-----
From: "Wendy Seltzer" <wendy at SELTZER.COM>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 10:15:51
To: <NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Subject: SPAM-LOW: Re: Debbie's comments on the charter review

Regarding constituencies versus interest groups, I believe that the
Charter and the Stakeholder Group will be stronger if we have the
flexibility to form interest groups on a more fluid basis than
Constituencies have offered in the past.  I think Constituencies have
often served as silos, hindering consensus-building and changing too
slowly to reflect the dynamics of interests in Internet communications
and technology.  They focus us on exclusive definitions rather than
inclusion of those who want to contribute.

I support the concept of Interest Group as described in the current draft.

--Wendy

Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.org
phone: +1.914.374.0613
Fellow, Silicon Flatirons Center at University of Colorado Law School
Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/seltzer.html
http://www.chillingeffects.org/
https://www.torproject.org/