Reminder: Members review of Draft Proposed NCSG Charter

Avri Doria avri at LTU.SE
Sat May 1 05:50:00 CEST 2010

Hi,

Thanks for the review and the issue.

I am not sure how it would be best to handle this as there are two conflicting ways of looking at:

- an organization should not be represented twice in ICANN and certainly should not have two representations in the GNSO.

- on the other hand some organizations are stakeholders in several categories at once.

In discussions during the restructuring, there was some discussion on this topic, and if I remember correctly one thought was that an organization could be an observer in more then SG group or SO, but had to be a member in only one.  I do not think this was formalized.  It certainly is not represented in this charter.  One idea would be to add something like:

An organization which is a member of another GNSO Stakeholder Group or Supporting Organization may request Observer status in the NCSG.  Such a request would be acted on by the Executive Committee. An observer in the NCSG could participate in discussions and in Interest-Groups, but would not have a vote or any other decision making participation and its members could not serve in NCSG leadership positions unless they became Individual members under the criteria described in section 2.2.5.

Opinions?

Thanks again.

a.