RRDRP

Konstantinos Komaitis k.komaitis at STRATH.AC.UK
Wed Mar 31 12:57:57 CEST 2010

Dear all,

I would like to draw your attention to the Registry Restrictions Dispute Resolution Procedure, which, I believe, seeks to enforce an approach that will have a huge impact upon non-commercial use of community-based domain names. This is of great concern to us and the way ICANN is seeking to encourage Registries to 'police' domain name registrations and become content controllers. ICANN, yet again, fails to understand the inherent interests within communities and seeks to create a system that is dangerous and, surprise, surprise, is tilted towards the complaining party.
I would therefore encourage you all to submit if possible comments. Apologies for the delay in notifying you but there are so many issues running at the same time that I sort of missed it. The documents are available here: http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/#rrdrp and the deadline is tomorrow.

Best

KK

Dr. Konstantinos Komaitis,
Law Lecturer,