Chinese root server is shut down - DNS and censorship

McTim mctim at BUSHNET.NET
Mon Mar 29 10:53:14 CEST 2010

Robin,

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 8:21 AM, Robin Gross <robin at ipjustice.org> wrote:
> I'd like to learn more about the implications for censorship in this recent
> episode with the Chinese root server and NIC server in Chile.    Any DNS
> experts provide any guidance?

What exactly do you want to know?

This behaviour has been observed previously from root instances in
China.  It's part of the GFW of China.  It's not limited to queries
from Chile, they were just the first to report and document this
episode.

--
Cheers,

McTim