Registry contract and amendments was Re: I just created ...

Avri Doria avri at LTU.SE
Fri Mar 19 14:21:25 CET 2010

On 19 Mar 2010, at 07:53, Avri Doria wrote:

> You will also find some discussion in the proposed registry contract section 2.9:
> http://www.icann.org/en/topics/new-gtlds/draft-agreement-specs-clean-04oct09-en.pdf
>
> (BTW: I have been told that this is worth reviewing for lots of reasons - and that those among us who are contract savvy could find lots f things to comment on in this document)

Speaking of which, the conditions for amending a new gtld registry contract is currently open for comment.

One of the issues is that there is a push among registries to make it more like the RAA where the amendments have to be negotiated with each individual registry as opposed to being done through a common process like the consensus policy process.

Might be worth commenting on.

Info on the review process can be found at: http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/#agreement-amendment
Comment periods ends on 1 April.

cheers,