Local cost related to running a TLD

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 18 18:34:30 CET 2010

> - to show that cost for running registry regarding appropriate requirement
> is really low and don't correspond to what Kurt is arguing as cost-recovery
> etc

The issue is that the recovery cost as the based for the application
fee it is not based on whatever the cost of running the registry is,
perhaps Kurt's argument that $185K compared to the cost of running a
registry is a minimal amount is not 100% correct.

As far as I know the recovery cost is based on the costs associated
with the evaluation of a string application for a new gTLD and as I
mentioned before the bill does not stop at $185K, if you have to go to
an extended evaluation or dispute you may have to add another
$50-$150K to the final tab.

Regards
Jorge