Interesting challenge - .reality

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Thu Mar 18 17:25:04 CET 2010

> How would this be evaluated? I'm the owner of the Church of
> Reality and I have a trademark on the word "reality" itself.
> (In the religious and spiritual counseling class) - So - if
> (when) I apply for .reaity - what
> would be the process of evaluating that?

Simple. Do you have the half a million dollars it takes to lobby ICANN relentlessly over the course of 4-5 quarterly meetings? You'll need to assemble an advisory council of notables, get hundreds or thousands of "troops" to send in public comments, and otherwise play the game. That's after paying your $185,000 application fee, of course.

If you have this much dough in "reality", please give me a call. I want to be your friend.

Milton Mueller
Professor, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
XS4All Professor, Delft University of Technology