Local cost related to running a TLD

Norbert Klein nhklein at GMX.NET
Thu Mar 18 03:20:35 CET 2010

Thanks, Rafik,

to take up the question of running a TLD, and the fact that these costs
might be quite different depending on the location. (I created and
administered a ccTLD for some years).

Most of the discussions I see related to new TLDs are dealing with the
"$185,000" - and though I know this is to be "cost recovery" I am not
aware how this is  being calculated in detail (any lead/URL is appreciated).

Is this "cost recovery" calculation also related to the location where
it is done? Surely. Is this necessarily so?

Norbert Klein

=

--
If you want to know what is going on in Cambodia, please visit
The Mirror, a regular review of the Cambodian language press in English.

This is the latest weekly editorial of the Mirror:

The Passing of the Anti-Corruption Law, and Planned Changes in Telecommunications
Sunday, 14.3.2010

http://tinyurl.com/yavafd3
(to read it, click on the line above.)

And here is something new every day: