think the most current draft from ALAC

Norbert Klein nhklein at GMX.NET
Thu Mar 11 14:11:40 CET 2010

Very welcome, agreed.

Norbert

Brenden Kuerbis wrote:
> +1
>

> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Joly MacFie <joly at punkcast.com
> <mailto:joly at punkcast.com>> wrote:
>
>     +1
>
>     On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 6:36 AM, Alex Gakuru <gakuru at gmail.com
>     <mailto:gakuru at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > Diplomatic, brief and concise.
>     >
>     > On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Robin Gross
>     <robin at ipjustice.org <mailto:robin at ipjustice.org>> wrote:
>     >> Here is the current (and new) version drafted by Evan.  This is
>     what we are
>     >> now discussing in the ALAC mtg.
>     >> Please send comments asap.
>     >> Thanks,
>     >> Robin
>     >>
>     >>
>     >> Begin forwarded message:
>     >>
>     >> From: Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp <mailto:ajp at glocom.ac.jp>>
>     >> Date: March 11, 2010 3:24:20 AM PST
>     >> To: avri at acm.org <mailto:avri at acm.org>, robin at ipjustice.org
>     <mailto:robin at ipjustice.org>
>     >> Subject: think the most current draft from ALAC
>     >>
>     >>
>     >>
>     >> ICANN's transparency commitment demands the adoption of a
>     principle of
>     >> default openess for all Board communications, unless
>     specifically overidden
>     >> by the principle of personal privacy or an explicit requirement for
>     >> confidentiality.
>     >> It is especially critical that the contributions of supporting
>     organizations
>     >> and advisory committees be presented to the Board accurately
>     and completely.
>     >> While we appreciate the need for staff to summarize matters
>     that are often
>     >> complex, we must stress the importance of ensuring that these
>     summaries
>     >> accurately report the relevant facts and positions. Openness
>     and public
>     >> review will minimize inaccuracies, facilitating the role of
>     staff while
>     >> enhancing public confidence in the Board's decision-making process.
>     >> .
>     >> We request that the Board change its policy so that all
>     briefing documents
>     >> are made publicly accessible in advance of presentation, except
>     for those
>     >> which for explicit legitimate reason must be confidential.
>     >>
>     >>
>     >>
>     >>
>     >> IP JUSTICE
>     >> Robin Gross, Executive Director
>     >> 1192 Haight Street, San Francisco, CA  94117  USA
>     >> p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
>     >> w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org
>     <mailto:robin at ipjustice.org>
> [...]

If you want to know what is going on in Cambodia, please visit
The Mirror, a regular review of the Cambodian language press in English.

This is the latest weekly editorial of the Mirror:

Why Do They Not Simply Compare the Maps Publicly? A Question to Both Sides
Sunday, 7.3.2010

http://wp.me/p2Gyf-1jY
(to read it, click on the line above.)

And here is something new every day: