think the most current draft from ALAC

Debra Hughes HughesDeb at USA.REDCROSS.ORG
Thu Mar 11 12:34:40 CET 2010

Looks good.

Debbie

________________________________

From: Non-Commercial User Constituency
[mailto:NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Robin Gross
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 6:27 AM
To: NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Fwd: think the most current draft from ALAC

Here is the current (and new) version drafted by Evan.  This is what we
are now discussing in the ALAC mtg.

Please send comments asap.

Thanks,

Robin

Begin forwarded message:

From: Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp>

Date: March 11, 2010 3:24:20 AM PST

To: avri at acm.org, robin at ipjustice.org

Subject: think the most current draft from ALAC

ICANN's transparency commitment demands the adoption of a principle of

default openess for all Board communications, unless specifically
overidden

by the principle of personal privacy or an explicit requirement for

confidentiality.

It is especially critical that the contributions of supporting
organizations

and advisory committees be presented to the Board accurately and
completely.

While we appreciate the need for staff to summarize matters that are
often

complex, we must stress the importance of ensuring that these summaries

accurately report the relevant facts and positions. Openness and public

review will minimize inaccuracies, facilitating the role of staff while

enhancing public confidence in the Board's decision-making process.

.

We request that the Board change its policy so that all briefing
documents

are made publicly accessible in advance of presentation, except for
those

which for explicit legitimate reason must be confidential.

IP JUSTICE

Robin Gross, Executive Director

p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451

w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org