Fwd: think the most current draft from ALAC

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Thu Mar 11 12:26:32 CET 2010

Here is the current (and new) version drafted by Evan.  This is what
we are now discussing in the ALAC mtg.

Please send comments asap.

Thanks,
Robin

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp>
> Date: March 11, 2010 3:24:20 AM PST
> To: avri at acm.org, robin at ipjustice.org
> Subject: think the most current draft from ALAC
>

> ICANN's transparency commitment demands the adoption of a principle of
> default openess for all Board communications, unless specifically
> overidden
> by the principle of personal privacy or an explicit requirement for
> confidentiality.
>
> It is especially critical that the contributions of supporting
> organizations
> and advisory committees be presented to the Board accurately and
> completely.
> While we appreciate the need for staff to summarize matters that
> are often
> complex, we must stress the importance of ensuring that these
> summaries
> accurately report the relevant facts and positions. Openness and
> public
> review will minimize inaccuracies, facilitating the role of staff
> while
> enhancing public confidence in the Board's decision-making process.
> .
> We request that the Board change its policy so that all briefing
> documents
> are made publicly accessible in advance of presentation, except for
> those
> which for explicit legitimate reason must be confidential.

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org