I just created a TLD for $0 in 30 minutes

Alexandre Dulaunoy a at FOO.BE
Fri Mar 19 07:36:24 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:07 PM, Nuno Garcia <ngarcia at ngarcia.net> wrote:
> Excelent point, fully agree. From a technological point of view, the
> differences for managing ibm.com and for managing .ibm should be close to
> zero.
> Yet, if you want to resell... that's a totally new scenario...

Looking at the "Draft Applicant Guidebook, Version 3, October 2009",
it seems that the module 5 is mandatory for an applicant and they will
become a "Registry Operator" to complete the process. It looks like
that only scenario "allowed" with the current process is "reselling" in any
case. (e.g. you have to maintain the partnership with ICANN-accredited
registrars - p 5-11)

Could you point me in the guide where you can get a .GTLD without
requiring to follow the traditional registrar rules?

Thanks a lot,

--
--                   Alexandre Dulaunoy (adulau) -- http://www.foo.be/
--                             http://www.foo.be/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Diary