Cost estimates for new TLDs

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 18 23:52:59 CET 2010

Some of the byproducts could be a more easy to understand set of
requirements/checklist and financial projection as shown in page 97 of the
DAGv3, that may serve as a template for small non-commercial organizations
to evaluate the feasibility of applying for a gTLD.

Given that for a small non-commercial or community oriented gTLDs the cost
of entering in the game can be to steep, probably the best option is to
"outsource" the operations to organizations such as CORE, that's how puntCAT
did setup their .CAT sTLD.

I'll check on my side, but do we have any good contacts at CORE to see if
they are willing to share some cost estimates that we can use to plug in a
financial projection exercise ?

Regards
Jorge