Economists options report on VI

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Tue Mar 16 09:47:44 CET 2010

Attached is the report I mentioned a few days ago. The analysis here, which I think is spot on, proposes relaxing some restrictions on VI and cross ownership while places limits on it in cases where certain players have market power. In that respect, it follows closely the initial position paper I did for NCUC, although the reports were done separately. I still don't think this report distinguishes carefully enough between cross ownership and VI but I suggest we use this as a baseline for discussion.

--MM