GNSO AoC RT Nominations Finalized

William Drake william.drake at GRADUATEINSTITUTE.CH
Mon Mar 15 13:08:19 CET 2010

Hello,

Just a quick note before I forget...the Council just finished its special meeting to agree nominations for the accountability and transparency review team.  I am happy to report that all NCSG's endorsements were approved, i.e. our nominations of NCUC/SG's Willie Currie (South Africa) for the allocated slot and Hakikur Rahman (Bangladesh) for the open competitive slot, as well as of Elaine Pruis (USA) for the unaffiliated competitive slot.  The voting alignment was pretty straightforward: in both cases, the RgySG, RgrSG, NCSG, and NCAs voted yes, and the CSG voted no.  :-)

So Chuck Gomes will now notify Janis and Peter (two days early!) that the GNSO is nominating the following six people for the four GNSO RT slots approved by the board in Nairobi:

SG Allocated Slots

Brian Cute (RgySG, Afilias, USA)
Warren Adelman (Rgr, GoDaddy, USA)
Olivier Muron (CSG, Cap Digital, France)
Willie Curie (NCSG, APC, South Africa)

Open Elected Slot

Hakikur Rahman (NCSG,ICMS Foundation, Bangladesh)

Unaffiliated Elected Slot

Elaine Pruis (Minds and Machines, USA)

Congratulations to Willie and Hakik, and best of luck in the next step of the process, the final selections by Janis and Peter.

BTW one might add that because of the smaller than expected applicant pool (eleven GNSO candidates for this RT) and their distribution across categories, it proved very difficult to satisfy the geographic and gender diversity requirements that NCSG was instrumental in establishing.  But we came reasonably, and even surprisingly, close.  It may well be that when the drafting team revisits the issues to establish a permanent GNSO RT application process, we will have to relax the rules slightly; it is clear that there will significant if not uniform demand for this from other SGs.  But that's for later.

Best,

Bill

William J. Drake
Senior Associate