PCC meeting audio

Alex Gakuru gakuru at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 9 21:09:22 CET 2010

In extending outreach to and constructive engagement with other
stakeholders, today I attended the 'Potential Consumer Constituency'
meeting.

Glad I did! Because several questions were directed at me in
connection to the public comments I sent on during the consulation
period on their proposal. Thus it was a great chance to give detailed
explanations on each as requested.

It was reported that the Business Constituency and Intellectual
Property Constituency supported the idea of a separate "Proposed
Consumer Constituency" to which I responded that I found it strange
why those two supported and even advised how they considered that the
proposed consumer constituency should be operated. Explaining business
interests stakeholders are not well-known as be 'consumer  partners'
to the extent of their suggesting the form/path consumer protection
should follow in ICANN.

I floated the idea of inviting them to join NCSG's Consumer Interest
Group "in-formation" (if its possible for them at this point in time
or in future).

Overall, for the first time I got to meet and interact with the
stakeholders behind pushing for it. An avenue for future communication
was established and all present were requested to give their email
addresses presumably to be contacted in future.

One may download the recording at http://nbo.icann.org/node/8931. To
hear sections of the proceedings and only those that spoke to the
microphone.

regards,

Alex