ICANN CEO roundtable

Konstantinos Komaitis k.komaitis at STRATH.AC.UK
Tue Mar 9 17:59:55 CET 2010

David, I would also add to any questions on the new gTLDs, whether he believes that the trademark protection issue can now be considered resolved after the work of the STI. Whether after the last public comment period and the acceptance of the STI's work, trademark protection is no longer an issue nor will it be resuscitated in the future.

Good luck.

KK

Dr. Konstantinos Komaitis,
Law Lecturer,
University of Strathclyde,
The Law School,
The Lord Hope Building,
141 St. James Road,
Glasgow, G4 0LT
UK
tel: +44 (0)141 548 4306
http://www.routledgemedia.com/books/The-Current-State-of-Domain-Name-Regulation-isbn9780415477765
Selected publications: http://hq.ssrn.com/submissions/MyPapers.cfm?partid=501038

-----Original Message-----
From: Non-Commercial User Constituency [mailto:NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Milton L Mueller
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 4:14 PM
To: NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Re: ICANN CEO roundtable

David:
Ask Rod whether he favors awarding the .xxx TLD to conform to the finding of the Independent Review Process that its denial was discriminatory and unfair. If he fudges, press him on what it means for ICANN's Board to ignore the results of the first independent review process. Does it provide proper accountability?

You could also ask whether he thinks it's a good idea to allow powerful interest groups keep trying to re-write the policies governing the new gTLD introduction.

You could ask whether he thinks it's time to find a new Ombudsman, given the biased treatment we received from him, and the incident he was involved in revealing a lack of civility.

Lots of fun you could have up there....