law enforcers and icann

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Mon Jun 28 23:59:53 CEST 2010

I'd like to support Kathy and other's call for non-commercial users
to join this important RAA working group and participate actively in
its further development.

We need a team of people in this group - more than just 1 person - so
please consider becoming involved in this RAA working group (and
remind ICANN about the need to respect due process and other legal
rights of registrants).

NCSG has a page set-up here for members to join who want to
participate in this team.  This page hasn't been updated in awhile,
but let's get some volunteers in the next week to join this
discussion and update the materials.   We may have had some
volunteers in Brussels to participate?

Thanks very much!

Best,
Robin

NCSG RAA Working Group Page:
http://ncdnhc.org/group/
gnsoregistraraccreditationagreementraaworkinggroup

On Jun 27, 2010, at 11:21 AM, Kathy Kleiman wrote:

> Hi Carlos and All,
> I attended the same session and had similar concerns to those of
> Carlos. On the good side, for the first time in my recollection of
> these discussions, law enforcement at least discussed and answered
> questions about the importance of due process and data protection/
> privacy laws.
>
> on the downside, the road to registrars (and their RAA contract
> changes) is being paved with a request for every sort of monitoring
> and takedown request. Christine Jones, the respected General
> Counsel of GoDaddy, complained bitterly about this in the Public
> Forum.
>
> The other downside is that, in such an important Working Group,
> there is no NCUC representative. I know there are too many things
> going on, and too many important issues, but this one is central.
> If you can put someone on the WG (which has much more work to go),
> then NCUC's insights, understandings, and concerns for due process
> and the limits of the scope and mission of ICANN will have a much
> stronger voice than comments alone.
>
> Best,
> Kathy
>
>> I will be happy to try and help.
>>
>> fraternal regards
>>
>> --c.a.
>>
>> On 06/24/2010 07:28 AM, Alex Gakuru wrote:

>>> I second Carlos inclusion on the drafters team.

>>> Absolutely! On our comments, please call for privacy law enforcement
>>> representatives also?
>>>
>>> kindly,
>>>
>>> Alex

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org