Rod and the Big Brother of the Internet

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Tue Jun 22 09:33:40 CEST 2010

True. Many of us would, however, prefer the precision of adding "...of the Internet's name and addressing system" to any mentioned of "security and stability." But Rod is not the first, nor will he be the last, to skip that step.

The reaction to Rod's DNS CERT proposal is very interesting politically, not sure I fully understand the drivers. A lot of it has to do with ccTLD managers' feeling that he was saying they were doing a lousy job and trying to assert more control of them. Another part of it is people who don't like Beckstrom and his style/personality.

--MM