NCSG Responses to Accountability & Transparency Review Team Questions

Konstantinos Komaitis k.komaitis at STRATH.AC.UK
Sun Jun 13 15:54:30 CEST 2010

Dear Bill and Rafik,

Thank you for this. Kathy suggested and I feel is a great idea, we submit
comments on the way the IRT was chosen and conducted the whole process of
trademark protection. This falls within item 11 in the review team questions
posted on the socialtext site.

PIR supports this and I think it beneficial to expose a process which
failed to meet the minimum standards of accountability and transparency.
Remember that the IRT was highly comprised by trademark representatives,
non-commercial users were not invited and there we even some peculiar
confidentiality issues in place.

KK

--
Dr. Konstantinos Komaitis,