Open Policy discussion Meeting - 9 June 2010

Avri Doria avri at LTU.SE
Mon Jun 7 13:30:18 CEST 2010

Hi,

We will be holding our final pre-Brussels phone call on Wednesday 9 June at 21 UTC <http://ncdnhc.org/events/ncsg-policy-meeting-9-june>  .

The draft Agenda:

A.  Followup on actions from previous meeting

---

B. Issues for GNSO meeting.

https://st.icann.org/gnso-council/index.cgi?proposed_agenda_10_june_2010

Item 2: Prioritization of GNSO work

Item 3: GNSO AoC DT Endorsement Process

Item 4: Implementation of New gTLD Recommendation 2

Item 5: AGP Policy questions

5.4 Discussion of questions raised by Craig Schwartz in the 21 April Council meeting (continued from 20 May)

• Should the Council consider modifying the AGP Limits Policy to no longer require semi-annual updates?
• Should the Council consider modifying the AGP Limits Policy by defining the terms “extraordinary circumstances” or “reoccur regularly? For example:

o Should instances of consumer fraud automatically be a legitimate use of AGP deletes?
o If a registrar proactively takes down (i.e., deletes) domains that are known to propagate a fraudulent activity such as phishing, should the registrar bear the cost if the deletions cause the registrar to exceed the threshold defined in the Policy?

Item 6: Whois Studies

6.1 Refer to:

• Whois Studies Report: http://gnso.icann.org/issues/whois/whois-studies-report-for-gnso-23mar10-en.pdf

• RFP for Proxy/Abuse Study: http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-2-18may10-en.htm

• ICANN's FY11 Draft Operating Plan and Budget:

http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/#op-budget-fy2011 (Note: Public comment period is open until 25 June; the amount in the Draft Budget for Whois Studies is at least $ 400,000.)

6.2 Procedure for deciding which study(studies) to initiate

• Brief overview of the study choices (Liz Gasster)

Item 7: GNSO Improvements OSC Recommendations from the CCT

http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/cct-consolidated-report-final-09apr10-en.pdf

• Public comments:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/cct-recommendations/

• Public comment summary & analysis:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/cct-recommendations/msg00004.html

Item 8: Other Business

Note: I would like to ask the meeting whether there is support for asking our NCSG council members to request that all GNSO council telephone meetings be audiocast

---

C. Update on WG/Wt efforts

I ask that any NCSG members participating in WG/WT be ready to give an update on what is going on in those groups

Note; I have started a wiki page of WG/WT activities.  This is very incomplete - in fact it is mostly empty.  I also include the names of people involved in the various efforts that is also very incomplete. Please let me know of any edits I should make.

https://st.icann.org/ncsg-ec/index.cgi?ncsg_policy_issues

---

D. NCSG updates

- election