Council Motions Passed in Brussels

William Drake william.drake at GRADUATEINSTITUTE.CH
Wed Jun 23 17:09:48 CEST 2010

Hi

On Jun 23, 2010, at 12:14 PM, Milton L Mueller wrote:

> Congrats to our GNSO Councillors who just fended off an anti-diversity amendment from the CSG.
> The vote shows how the much-maligned two-House structure works in the way it was intended. Had it been a flat vote we would have lost, because the registries and registrars, always willing to play ball with the other business interests, voted with the CSG amendment. But winning the Contracted Party House was not enough, you had to get a majority of both houses. And because NCSG stood together and got one NCA, the amendment failed.

Actually, the Council passed two motions spearheaded by NCSG today, both of which concern process and may be of direct relevance to members.  The one Milton refers to above concerns endorsements to represent GNSO on AoC review teams; the other concerns the transparency of Council meetings, and provides for audiocasting so everyone can listen in real time (if really motivated, they could participate in the separate Skype chat among NCSGers as well).  Both are below, along with the other motions passed.

Best,

Bill