[council] FYI - New GNSO Constituency Notice of Intent - Not-for-Profit Organizations Constituency

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Thu Jun 17 17:26:36 CEST 2010

Debra,

Actually, I am not incorrect.  You are confusing the NCSG policy
committee (5 people) with the NCSG membership (aprox. 200 members).

I'm happy to hear you have occasionally found some time to
participate on calls with the 5 people on the NCSG Executive Committee.

However, for the record, you have not participated in a single NCSG
policy call (monthly discussions open to the entire membership) since
your appointment.

As you asked, I checked my records on your attendance at these
monthly policy calls of the membership:
  Oct. Seated by Board/Staff
  Nov NCSG Monthly Policy Call: Nov 24: Debra Hughes - Absent
  Dec. NCSG Monthly Policy Call:  Dec. 14 Debra Hughes - Absent
  Jan. NCSG Monthly Policy Call:  Jan 6: Debra Hughes - Absent
  Feb. NCSG Monthly Policy Call: Feb 17: Debra Hughes - Absent
  March NCSG Monthly Policy Call:  Mar 31: Debra Hughes - Absent
  April NCSG Monthly Policy Call:  April 20: Debra Hughes - Absent
  May NCSG Monthly Policy Call:  May 19: Debra Hughes - Absent
  June NCSG Monthly Policy Call:  June 9: Debra Hughes - Absent

If you were in fact present at any calls (and we just didn't know it,
because you didn't speak up) please let us know and we'll gladly
reflect it in the record.

These monthly policy calls are important to the NCSG membership
because they tend to be only opportunity to talk in person with the
NCSG councilors about what is happening at the GNSO Council.  So they
are important both for the NCSG GNSO Councilors to hear what the
membership thinks on issues and to inform the membership on what is
going on at the Council.     We'd gladly schedule the calls to
accommodate your busy schedule if you can work with us and let us
know your availability in the future.

I hope you'll understand why these meetings are important to both the
membership and to you and try to make an effort to begin attending.

Thanks,
Robin

w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org