Vote, Cover Letter and Charter

Avri Doria avri at LTU.SE
Tue Jun 15 04:10:52 CEST 2010

Hi,

As as been announced the Charter was accepted.

Details on the vote can be found at: https://st.icann.org/ncsg-ec/index.cgi?non_commercial_stakeholder_group

Of 199 possible voters, 142 members voted that 71.3%.
Of 314 possible votes, 231 votes were cast that is 73.6%

of which 221 votes were in favor of the charter
and 10 were against the charter.

These means that 70.38% of the members vote were in favor of the charter, which is greater then the 60% threshold defined for success.

My thanks to ALL who voted. And my special thanks to all who made the vote successful.

I have appended a draft of the cover letter I plan to send to the Board tomorrow.  This letter has been reviewed in the NCSG Executive and the NCSG Policy committee.  I know this is a quick rush for review, but I really do need to get the material submitted before Brussels and this has been a very long haul.  If anyone does have time and does comment, I would appreciate it.  I am sure there are some typos or worse.

Thanks again.

a.