voting results: Charter Approved

Avri Doria avri at LTU.SE
Sun Jun 13 21:45:13 CEST 2010

On 13 Jun 2010, at 14:07, William Drake wrote:

> But first, they'll be hiring Deloitte & Touche to handle the the verification, for the nominal fee of $3 million.  We can all expect a phone call.  If a recount is deemed necessary, machines from Diebold shall be used.
>
> Just kidding (I hope)

If only you were kidding.

We can almost count on the Policy "Support" Staff doing something to try and negate this impressive display of membership participation and support of the bottom-up decision process.

My only hope the Board is not taken in by it.  And I live in eternal hope.

Once I have the full details of the count, I will put out an 'officlal' result and will finish up the cover letter to accompany the charter when I send it of to the Board.  I plan on posting a copy of that letter on this list, but I do not want to wait a long time before sending it on, if possible, since the meeting is upon us.

Thanks to all who voted.
And to all who worked on getting out the vote.

a.