Open Policy discussion Meeting - 9 June 2010 - Reminder/Agenda Update

Avri Doria avri at LTU.SE
Wed Jun 9 15:44:29 CEST 2010

Hi,

We will be holding our final pre-Brussels phone call on Wednesday 9 June at 21 UTC <http://ncdnhc.org/events/ncsg-policy-meeting-9-june>  .

This meeting is open to all NCSG members and is your chance to discuss the policy issues with the council members before the Council meeting and to voice your concerns and opinions.  So please join in.

The draft Agenda:

A.  Followup on actions from previous meetings

- letter to Board of secret Staff memos
- page for policy issues
- financial committee
- technical support issues/group

- others - are we doing a god enough job at tracking action items from previous meetings

---

B. Accountability and Transparency RT Issues

+ Agenda for SG/C Day meeting with A&T RT in Brussels

---

C. Issues for GNSO meeting.

https://st.icann.org/gnso-council/index.cgi?proposed_agenda_10_june_2010

Item 2: Prioritization of GNSO work

Item 3: GNSO AoC DT Endorsement Process

Item 4: Implementation of New gTLD Recommendation 2

Item 5: AGP Policy questions

5.4 Discussion of questions raised by Craig Schwartz in the 21 April Council meeting (continued from 20 May)

• Should the Council consider modifying the AGP Limits Policy to no longer require semi-annual updates?
• Should the Council consider modifying the AGP Limits Policy by defining the terms “extraordinary circumstances” or “reoccur regularly? For example:

o Should instances of consumer fraud automatically be a legitimate use of AGP deletes?
o If a registrar proactively takes down (i.e., deletes) domains that are known to propagate a fraudulent activity such as phishing, should the registrar bear the cost if the deletions cause the registrar to exceed the threshold defined in the Policy?

Item 6: Whois Studies

6.1 Refer to:

• Whois Studies Report: http://gnso.icann.org/issues/whois/whois-studies-report-for-gnso-23mar10-en.pdf

• RFP for Proxy/Abuse Study: http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-2-18may10-en.htm

• ICANN's FY11 Draft Operating Plan and Budget:

http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/#op-budget-fy2011 (Note: Public comment period is open until 25 June; the amount in the Draft Budget for Whois Studies is at least $ 400,000.)

Item 7: GNSO Improvements OSC Recommendations from the CCT

http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/cct-consolidated-report-final-09apr10-en.pdf

• Public comments:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/cct-recommendations/

• Public comment summary & analysis:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/cct-recommendations/msg00004.html

Item 8: Other Business

Note: I would like to ask the meeting whether there is support for asking our NCSG council members to request that all GNSO council telephone meetings be audiocast beginning after Brussels

---

D. Consumer Agenda Workshop in Brussels

- review of plans
- speakers

---

E. Update on WG/Wt efforts

I ask that any NCSG members participating in WG/WT be ready to give an update on what is going on in those groups

Note; I have started a wiki page of WG/WT activities.  This is very incomplete - in fact it is mostly empty.  I also include the names of people involved in the various efforts that is also very incomplete. Please let me know of any edits I should make.

https://st.icann.org/ncsg-ec/index.cgi?ncsg_policy_issues

---

F. NCSG updates

- election
- wiki
- Community particpation

---

G. Planning for Brussels

--  Agenda for SG/ Constituency Day

Note: we will have remote participation for this meeting

-- top Level schedule - need subitems

----  Substantive Issues to be discussed
       RAA
       VI