Single Registrant TLD

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Thu Jul 22 11:59:24 CEST 2010

Avri,
sorry to respond slowly, was traveling all day Tuesday
I am part of NCSG and I am a big supporter of SRSU.
Did you phrase the statement below correctly? Are you arguing that NCSG members have NO interest in SRSU or the opposite?

From: NCSG-NCUC [NCSG-NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Avri Doria [avri at LTU.SE]
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:56 AM
To: NCSG-NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: [NCSG-NCUC-DISCUSS] Single Registrant TLD

Hi,

Just checking.

The contention by some on the VIWG has been that I am deluded when I argue that the NCSG, especially some of its institutional members have no interest in seeing Single Registrant TLD (.ngo for want of a better name) where the names could be distributed internally, without use of a registrar, to employees or members.

Can anyone confirm my delusion?  Are their institutional members who think this sort of thing should exist - even if their name in not a famous brand?

thanks

a.