candidates for review teams.

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Sun Jul 11 19:09:00 CEST 2010

Kim,
Thanks for your detailed answer. Let me add some comments below.

This is one of the interesting - and scary - things about the whole "review team" concept. As I have said in my analysis of the AoC, it reproduces the politics of ICANN and almost invites the review team to re-make whatever policy it is they are reviewing. Can you give me a better idea of what it is the RT actually is reviewing? And what effect its reviews might have? It is always been a bit odd that the U.S. government singled out Whois for a special review team.

> Of course, no solution will be able to cater to
> everyone's needs and that, I would submit, is not the goal, but to find
> an equitable balance among the various views, needs, and desires.

Here it sounds as if you think the RT will be making policy. I think we need a better understanding of what the purpose of this RT is.

--MM