[liaison6c] Call for Independent Experts, Law Enforcement Representatives and Global Policy Experts - WHOIS Policy Review (AoC)

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Wed Jul 28 22:10:07 CEST 2010

Perhaps we should ask ICANN to fix their announcement, to make it
more balanced and inline with the actual resolution on the matter -
which does specifically call for including Privacy Experts on this team.

No doubt staff "just forgot" to include that perspective in its call
for experts......

Disappointing.  But this points clearly to the growing problem of
staff manipulation to achieve desired policy outcomes in this "bottom-
up public interest" organization.

Robin

On Jul 28, 2010, at 6:37 AM, Avri Doria wrote:

> On 28 Jul 2010, at 15:28, Mary Wong wrote:
>
>> I'd always thought having WHOIS as one of the 4 ongoing commitment
>> reviews somewhat odd. However, the actual Affirmation of
>> Commitments (AoC) document DOES specifically provide for law
>> enforcement and privacy experts to be part of the Review Team.
>

> Hi,
>
> Yes, I thought of this and the question that has been bothering me
> is where is the request for Privacy Experts?
>
> a.

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org