Single Registrant TLD

Debra Hughes HughesDeb at USA.REDCROSS.ORG
Tue Jul 20 18:46:47 CEST 2010

Very important option.  From my personal, confidential conversations, I
am aware of at least 3-5 not for profit organizations that are seriously
considering a new gTLD for internal purposes (for members/employees).

-----Original Message-----
From: NCSG-NCUC [mailto:NCSG-NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of
Avri Doria
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:56 AM
To: NCSG-NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Single Registrant TLD

Hi,

Just checking.

The contention by some on the VIWG has been that I am deluded when I
argue that the NCSG, especially some of its institutional members have
no interest in seeing Single Registrant TLD (.ngo for want of a better
name) where the names could be distributed internally, without use of a
registrar, to employees or members.

Can anyone confirm my delusion?  Are their institutional members who
think this sort of thing should exist - even if their name in not a
famous brand?

thanks

a.