Draft Council letter on the ARR

David Cake dave at DIFFERENCE.COM.AU
Wed Jan 20 18:21:19 CET 2010

At 3:51 PM -0800 19/1/10, Robin Gross wrote:
>Thanks for sending this draft council letter around.  It is very
>good except I do not agree that the review groups should operate
>under Chatham House Rules on confidentiality.  It would certainly be
>a step backward for a group that is to assess the openness and
>transparency of ICANN to operate in this secret fashion and contrary
>to ICANN's promises of openness and transparency.  Everything else
>in the letter looks good however.

	I am going to agree with Brenden on Chatham House rules being
valuable. I think a review team needs to be able to raise a wide
range of concerns without worrying about it reflecting on them
personally, and I think Chatham House rules enable a wider range of
discussion of the issues than might otherwise occur if individual
participant comments were made public.
	Regards
		David