GAC on EOI

Avri Doria avri at LTU.SE
Wed Jan 27 20:11:20 CET 2010

Hi,

The GAC has filed a comment on the Expressions of Interest (EoI) http://forum.icann.org/lists/draft-eoi-model/msg00191.html
and the ALAC has filed a comment on the EOI - http://forum.icann.org/lists/draft-eoi-model/msg00227.html

as have many others.

The EOI is  a method by which those who have the money announce their plans to apply for a gTLD.  The staff is recommending that this be a requirement for anyone who wants to later apply for a gTLD in round 1.  Currently the Board is slated to decide on this at their February meeting.

It is too late to file an NCSG/NCUC comment (some of us have already filed individual myself included) as the period closes today.
It is too bad time is so late because even if we hadn't wanted to file our own statement, we could have filed a note supporting some other group's statement.

E.g. personally I would be ok supporting a statement that indicated we supported the GAC's position which among other things asks the Board to delay the decision they plan to make in February until there has been time for more community review.  But given the deadline being today, it is probably too late - I regret I did not bring it up at today's meeting, but I did not see the GAC statement had been posted until just now.

For individuals, however, you still have time to comment at http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/#draft-eoi

a.