One or two PDPs?

Avri Doria avri at LTU.SE
Mon Jan 25 23:29:08 CET 2010

On 25 Jan 2010, at 16:54, Milton L Mueller wrote:

> A correction: there is no vertical integration of existing TLDs. Existing TLDs, even when they employ JM/CO, are not vertically integrated.

Though this is academically speaking true, what remains to be analyzed is whether the joint marketing/co-ownership behave functionally in pretty much the same way as vertical integration and thus have similar if not the same effect.

With reference to my  so called 'fulminations' to my dear friend Milton, i did not say that the GNSO must review and approve the DAG.  If it were only so.!  the whole community gets to do that and the GNSO can send recommendations to the Board.  Also if the issue gets hot enough we could have another one of the those scenarios where the Board looks at the topic and instructs the GNSO Council to get off its duff and give an opinion within the next 60 days like it has before.

a.