Draft Council letter on the ARR

William Drake william.drake at GRADUATEINSTITUTE.CH
Fri Jan 22 11:10:42 CET 2010

Robin

Chatham doesn't make it secret, it just strips out the names of who said what.  The content still comes out. Other SGs feel that's important to them being able to participate (pertains mostly to inter-corporate squabbling) and I don't think we could have gotten a consensus council statement without it.  And that council statement does call for two way info flow with AC/SOs, which was not in the staff proposal.  So less than perfect transparency, but more than there'd have been otherwise.

Best,

Bill

william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
www.graduateinstitute.ch/cig/drake.html