A Fond Farewell from Kathy

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Tue Feb 23 04:10:38 CET 2010

Thank you, Kathy, and congratulations on the new position with PIR.
You are gonna rock for them - just like you have for NCUC!!!   We've
been very lucky to have your energy and contributions over the
years.   I look forward to continuing to work closely with you in
your new capacity with PIR.   I think it is a terrific development
for Internet policy.

Best,
Robin

On Feb 22, 2010, at 4:00 PM, Kathy Kleiman wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> In 1999, we met in Santiago and formed the Noncommercial Domain
> Holders Constituency – which became NCUC  (remember Milton?).  It
> was a wonderful and diverse crowd then – and it has become an even
> more wonderful and diverse crowd. I have learned so much from you –
> and enjoyed so much being with you.
>
> I am here to submit my resignation from NCUC –with a sigh and a
> smile. Today is my first day as Director of Policy for .ORG, the
> Public Interest Registry.  PIR is a company filled with wonderful
> people, and dedicated to its motto of “Do Good” - in .ORG, in ICANN
> and among the Internet community.  I am looking forward to my job
> of developing policy with Alexa Raad, PIR CEO, and everyone in PIR.
>
> When I drafted the NCUC charter years ago, I asked that people not
> be voting members of two constituencies. It seemed fair, and right,
> to focus energy on one primary constituency.  It is the principle I
> follow now as I move to join PIR in the Registry Constituency.
>
> But I am not gone. I hope you will invite me back to NCUC meetings.
> I can’t wait to share with you what we are working on – and learn
> what you are working on. I know our work together will continue
> now, and in the future!
>
> So off to the Contracted Parties Stakeholder Group I go – with the
> very best of wishes, hopes and admiration for all of you – and for
> NCUC!
>
> All the best,
>
> Kathy
>
> p.s. Now at KKleiman at pir.org
>
> p.p.s. Today’s PIR blog posting on my arrival is at http://
> blog.pir.org/?p=554

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org