[ncsg-policy] Re: Vertical integration charter

Mary Wong MWong at PIERCELAW.EDU
Sun Feb 21 17:26:37 CET 2010

I agree and support Milton's and Avri's version, particularly in view of the very tight time frame the PDP will take place in.

Cheers
Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law & Chair, Graduate IP Programs
Franklin Pierce Law Center
Two White Street
Concord, NH 03301
USA
Email: mwong at piercelaw.edu
Phone: 1-603-513-5143
Webpage: http://www.piercelaw.edu/marywong/index.php
Selected writings available on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) at: http://ssrn.com/author=437584

From: William Drake <william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch>
To:NCUC Members List <NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>, NCSG-Policy <ncsg-policy at n4c.eu>
Date: 2/21/2010 6:30 AM
Subject: [ncsg-policy] Re: Vertical integration charter
Hi

On Feb 21, 2010, at 1:23 AM, Milton L Mueller wrote:

My version, on the other hand, simply asks the WG to make a determination whether the staff deviated from existing policy/practices in drafting the contract. That is a more objective, well-defined and less open-ended objective and can be completed in a reasonable period of time.

Therefore, I am asking for your support so that Avri and I can legitimate tell the Drafting Team that NCUC/NCSG support the first version of Objective 5.

Of course.  Our point was always to set in place a coherent and reasoned framework to replace decision making based on staff fiat, not to slow down new gTLDs.

Bill