[Ncu-exec] A Fond Farewell from Kathy

William Drake william.drake at GRADUATEINSTITUTE.CH
Tue Feb 23 10:01:27 CET 2010

Hi Kathy,

Congrats on the .org position, that's excellent (as is the ENIAC project...just read through the site, didn't know about this side of you).  As for being in two constituencies though, while voting would be inappropriate,  IMO anyway there's no reason for you to just disappear from the NCUC community and its activities.  As a founder and long time activist in NCUC, people know where your head's at, and if we are discussing/doing something where your employer's positions are a relevant constraint you could simply make note of that, specify whether you're speaking personally or as a .org person, or recuse yourself, whatever as appropriate.  One might add that being connected to/sympatico with more than one constituency is hardly unique; we just discussed this in the council drafting team on the AoC review teams and there are others in that boat, which is why we adopted a procedure under which applicants seeking GNSO endorsement are encouraged to self-identify with any SG / constituency "with which they feel most closely affiliated."  All of which is to say, don't be a stranger :-)

Cheers,

Bill