[] Volunteers for Charter Drafting Team for Vertical Integration PDP

William Drake william.drake at GRADUATEINSTITUTE.CH
Tue Feb 2 09:34:05 CET 2010

Hello Hakikur,

Thanks for the offer.  Based on the rather probing and intensive debate we had in which Avri and Milton were leading advocates of distinct positions that each enjoyed support from chunks of our membership, we put forward their names to join the drafting team.  There were questions raised about this on the council because drafting teams (which just do the charter for the working group that will actually carry out the PDP effort) are normally kept quite small, e.g. one representative from each SG.  As such, we already had to convince colleagues to relax that model and accept two from NCSG, based on the value-added their distinctive positions will bring to the table, so it'd be hard to argue for a third.  However, the working group, which will be where the main action happens, will be more open so you might consider joining that.  Below is some explanation on this from Liz Gasster of the staff.

Hope that's ok.

Best,

Bill

On Feb 1, 2010, at 5:04 AM, Hakikur Rahman wrote:

> I will be pleased to volunteer, if allowed to.
>
> Thanking you,
> Hakik
>
> At 15:36 31-01-2010, Avri Doria wrote:
>> Volunteers should let our council members know, perhaps in response to this message.
>>
>> a.
>>

>> ps. Council members:  I would like to be included in the drafting team if possible.
>>

>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes at verisign.com>
>>> Date: 31 January 2010 10:06:03 EST
>>> To: "GNSO Council List" <council at gnso.icann.org >
>>> Subject: [council] Volunteers for Charter Drafting Team for Vertical Integration PDP
>>>
>>> In follow-up to Council approval to initiate a Vertical Integration PDP and specifically the action item to form a drafting team to develop a charter for that PDP, I am hereby requesting volunteers for the DT.  Volunteers need not be Councilors.
>>>
>>> If you or someone in your SG/Constituency/AC want to volunteer for this WT, please respond on this list not later than 9 February.
>>>
>>> Chuck

William J. Drake
Senior Associate
Centre for International Governance