Acceptance of NPOC as a candidate consitituency

Avri Doria avri at LTU.SE
Thu Dec 9 14:37:50 CET 2010

Hi,

All is defined in the the NCSG approved charter in detail. Though this is one of the topics under discussion with the board, I do not expect it to change greatly, but there will be some changes.

Briefly: a Candidate Constituency :

- gets an observer seat on the NCSG Executive, Policy , and Financial Committees
 Observer means they can participate fully except that they do not figure in the consensus determination.

- they get help in making sure they have the email lists, web pages and whatever else my be needed to become a fully functioning constituency

- they incur an obligation to start participating in the work of the NCSG, the GNSO and ICANN.

- they have  6 months, renewable, to get to constituency status which involves meeting various participation benchmarks, a decision by the NCSG-EC and oversight approval by the board.  This is a complex process, not currently defined in our charter that is under negotiation and will hopefully be resolved soon.  The general shape of this should be clearer at the end of today and I will send a separate email on that later.

Note: in the NCSG concept, since the council seats and chair (once we have full chair elections - i am just chair of the executive committee under the rules of the Staff-Board imposed charter) are elected on the SG wide basis, members of the NCSG can join more that one constituency.  Anyone who is interested in joining this constituency should contact Amber directly as this is not the NCSG's business, though of course she may make her own pitch on this list if she so wishes.

Always ready to answer further questions.

Thanks

a.