Link for Audiocast & Updated Agenda for GNSO Council Meeting 5 August 2010.

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Thu Aug 5 20:00:28 CEST 2010

I sincerely hope ICANN is not considering $60 to be too costly to
provide a live audio feed of the policy council meetings to the
community.   That must be some kind of joke, right?  $60 for this
level of transparency is nothing.  The private consultants ICANN
hires to write press releases trumpeting the organization's
"transparency" are paid more than $60 per word.

Seriously though, who do I need to convince that the $60 expense is
worth it to the community?

Thanks,
Robin

On Aug 5, 2010, at 9:53 AM, Ron Wickersham wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Aug 2010, Jorge Amodio wrote:
>
>> Seems that we were not able to collect the $60, the audio stream is
>> not working yet :-(

> also not able to get stream.   i get 35 bytes download from the remote
> system then nothing.   on MicroSoft system reports unable to connect,
> Unix reports file type not mp3.  Android says "unable to play this
> type
> of audio file"
>
> -ron

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org