more news on ICANN Ombudsman Frank Fowlie's air rage incident & cover-up attempt

Cedric Laurant cedric at LAURANT.ORG
Wed Aug 4 16:36:41 CEST 2010

More information about that US administration's proposal:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/30/us/30fbi.html?_r=3&emc=tnt&tntemail1=y

>Some advocates of electronic privacy have raised alarms about the
>proposal, saying it could expand government eavesdropping on
>computer activity without court oversight. Senator Patrick J. Leahy,
>Democrat of Vermont and chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee,
>said Thursday that the proposal raised "serious privacy and civil
>liberties concerns."

[...]

>The F.B.I. contends that the e-mail addresses to which people send
>messages, and the Web pages they visit, are the functional
>equivalent of the phone numbers they call. Officials familiar with
>the matter, speaking anonymously because of the sensitivity of the
>issue, say that most companies agree with that interpretation and
>have routinely turned over such records when requested.

The web pages people visit: "the functional equivalent of the phone
numbers they call"?!?

Cedric
---

--
Cedric Laurant, Esq.
Attorney at Law (DC-USA) - Independent Consultant (Brussels, Belgium)