[governance] Solidarity with RDS Honduras

Carlos A. Afonso ca at CAFONSO.CA
Tue Sep 29 21:12:31 CEST 2009

Yes Milton, actually not a simple dispute, it was a coup d'etat, not in
the old Latin American "mi general" style, but a coup nonetheless, so
illegal that even the US government has cut ties and suspended aid to
Honduras, and the OAS has also unanimously condemned the coup.

Thus, as usual, progressive civil society organizations are targets of
the "golpistas" -- as in this case.

I would only recommend that we do not take too long to know all the
details of what is going on and decide what to do -- this unfolds
rapidly there, and while we study and ponder, the worse might happen.

[] fraterno

--c.a.

--

Carlos A. Afonso