ICANN under scrutiny?

Alex Gakuru gakuru at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 18 20:53:50 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 6:20 PM, Jorge Amodio <jmamodio at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't think it has to do with protecting the organization as a benevolent
>> parent might.
>>
>> Yes, it is a matter of protectionism, but it is commercial protectionism.
>
> Well I would not expect less from a US Congressman than representing
> the interests of her/his constituents, particularly from the republican
> side of the aisle that has been defending commercial interests and
> property rights since the American Compact days.
>
> Alex, about your comment, do you really believe that ICANN as an
> organization is mature enough to earn its "independence" ?

I know, my response is not direct. Would somebody know/point me to
where has, if ever, applied the mathematical "game theory"moves by
commercial interests  with ICANN? It would help me better re-evaluate
the options open to non-commercial users (for example, IRT on one hand
and domestic on the other.)