Information on NCUC 2009 Annual Election

Wendy Seltzer wendy at SELTZER.COM
Thu Sep 17 01:10:47 CEST 2009

Hi Jorge,

I have been the At-Large Liaison to the ICANN Board for the past two
years.  ALAC holds annual elections for the post (which is set to expire
at some point as the Board has resolved to the Liaison with a voting
Director).  I expressed my willingness to serve in the Liaison position
for another year, but I believe that the ALAC is looking for someone who
might also be electable to the voting director position when that is
established.  That means I think my candidacy for Board Liaison is more
a matter of form than likely election.

At least in the United States, candidates for President coming from the
Senate often run in both elections.  So my run for GNSO Council is like
the run for President while serving in the Senate :)  I'd be honored to
serve the NCUC.

I hope that addresses your question, but feel free to ask further if not.

--Wendy

Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.org
Fellow, Silicon Flatirons Center at University of Colorado Law School
Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/seltzer.html
http://www.chillingeffects.org/
https://www.torproject.org/