[governance] Solidarity with RDS Honduras

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 29 17:40:44 CEST 2009

FYI, be careful if you visit the rds.hn site since it seems it has been hacked
at some time, and it has trojans and other stuff:
http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=rds.hn

About the statement Milton is right to point out that that particular statement
came from LACTLD and not RDS.

Getting involved with ccTLDs is a tricky situation and before we make any
"official" statement we should find out more directly from the RDS people
and also hear the other side of the story.

No doubt any move to takeover the ccTLD administration in the way it has
been reported is not a desirable/preferred way of doing things, but we don't
know if this is an ongoing conflict since the HN Telecom Act of 2002 and
the reasons why RDS didn't enter into a formal agreement with CONATEL.

I'll recommend we do some due diligence before making any statement from
the NCUC.

Regards
Jorge